Why migrate to ASP.NET ?
ASP.NET offers significant improvements over ASP in the areas of performance, state
management, scalability, configuration, deployment, security, output cache control,
Web Forms support, and XML Web service infrastructure.
- Superior Performance. ASP.NET is a compiled, .NET-based environment.
It makes the ASP.NET much faster than ASP. ASP.NET will automatically detects
any changes, dynamically compile the files if needed and stores the compiled
results to reuse for subsequent requests.
- Web Forms. Web Forms allows you to build powerful forms-based Web pages.
- Code Behind. The code behind feature cleanly divides an ASP.NET page into two files.
- Output Caching. When output caching is enabled on a page, ASP.NET executes the page
just once, and saves the result in memory in addition to sending it to the user.
- Security. The .NET Framework and ASP.NET provide default authorization and
authentication schemes for Web applications. You can easily remove, add to, or
replace these schemes, depending upon the needs of your application.
- XML Web Services. An XML Web service provides the means to access server functionality remotely.
- Configuration. The XML configuration file within the ASP.NET applications lets us
to avoid registering the components using regsvr32. XCopy deployment is very handy.
New features of ASP.NET will make your application faster, more secure, and easier to